On May 28th, 2018 women from accommodation, food service and tourism will be connected for an evening of networking with an inspiring panel discussion. Empower Her aims to bring together a community of hospitality leaders who will expand their network and create meaningful relationships.
A panel of Vancouver’s top female hospitality executives will share inspiring ideas with the intention of sparking dialogue about issues that impact women in the workplace. Their perspectives and insights will inform, inspire and empower women as we collectively identify ways to accelerate women to senior roles in the hospitality industry. The event will be held from 5:30-8:30pm at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver’s five diamond luxury gem.
- Meeru Dhalwala, Author, Chef, Co-owner Vij’s, Rangoli
- Arlene Hall, Regional Director of Human Resources, Fairmont
- Marion Harper Treskin, General Manager of the JW Marriott parq Vancouver & The Douglas
- Chef Elizabeth Manville, Innovation, Procurement and Quality Control at Cactus Club
- Claire Smith, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at the Vancouver Convention Centre
Empower Her intends to motivate and inspire the next generation of hospitality leaders. Net proceeds will be donated to the scholarship fund for the BC Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier. This organization is comprised of women leaders in hospitality who are dedicated to education, scholarship and philanthropy. Scholarships are awarded to women with a desire to begin training in culinary, beverage or hospitality fields.
To discuss sponsorship or volunteer opportunities, please contact Joanna Jagger at 604-786-0176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.