About The Program
The Scholarship Committee of the BC Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier is an administrative body that annually grants scholarships to women with a desire to begin training in culinary, beverage or hospitality fields, and to women already skilled in these fields who seek to refine or further their expertise at an educational institution/course of their choice. All scholarships are awarded based on merit, ability, commitment and passion, and may range in value any where between $250 and $10,000 depending on funds available, program requirements and approved applicants. Each application is reviewed and evaluated by the Scholarship Committee composed of Les Dames members. In order to make the scholarships impactful and meaningful, the Scholarship Committee is restricted to only granting up to thirty scholarships in any given calendar year.
Applications are accepted October 1st through January 31st each year and are awarded in March. Applicants must be B.C. residents.
We also work with other organizations to provide additional scholarship opportunities including Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, Barry Callebaut’s Chocolate Academy, Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver, and Two Rivers Specialty Meats.
– Most scholarships awarded rarely constitute a complete tuition, therefore you must be able to provide the remaining funds through other sources, and not all applicants are awarded funds.
– As the number of scholarships awarded is limited to a maximum of thirty each year, returning applications that were not awarded a scholarship previously are encouraged to re-apply.
– Funding must be used in the calendar year the scholarship is awarded in.
– A $30 non refundable processing fee is required to administer your application whether you are awarded a scholarship or not.
– Please print the sample application provided on the application page prior to starting so you know what to expect!